Saturday, March 7, 2009

New day, new beginnings!

Every year, millions of people set New Year Resolutions and Goals. After a month or less, most people give up and find that it was an impossible task to start anew. This year my new year resolution was to have no resolution at all so I achieved my goal.

Instead I believe in having new moments with new determination anytime of the year. If you feel like starting something new, just start it. Be it an exercise goal, start walking by the lake or a romantic goal, call someone for a date. Be it to spend more quality time with your family, just taking them out for a meal. It can be a goal at work, to spend more time appreciating your colleagues at work or to hit a sales target. It can be anything related to health, love, work or other matters. Just start doing something. Nothing in this world is more powerful than action. All the talks in this world won't do a thing if it is just talks.

If your action fails so what? "Never, never ever give up!" Try something else. It is not the end of the world, you know. If I had never fell down as a child, I would never have learned how to walk. I fell, I cried, so what? I just got up again and started walking. I kept trying till I could learn how to run. If I thought I failed and never got up again. I think I would still be crawling to this day. Someone once said, "Failure is not failure, till you give up trying."

Keep trying new things out, someday you'll just move to the next stage. I learned from walking to running. Today's message to remind others and myself: Remember to start anew, take action and if you fail, keep trying, never ever give up hope! I just remembered a famous message from one of my favorite movies, Shawshank Redemption, "Get busy living or get busy dying!"

No comments:

Post a Comment